If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

The One Where Patwoman Becomes A Robot

...A robot army, no less.

Well, actually, I didn't become anything. But I did finally learn to play Warhammer 40k. And I played Necrons, which are, basically, robots.

This was a very small game, since I was just learning. Tom, one of the guys from the store, was teaching me and he played two squads of Space Marines while I played two squads of Necrons. I got to place first, which suits me, since I like to play most games pretty aggressively. So I put my guys down in two formations on the board, with the hopes of making a pincer maneuver happen.

And that's basically what I did. Necrons have the advantage that they are living robots. So they're pretty tough to actually kill. You can "kill" them, but they have a good chance of coming right back.

Hm. What does that remind me of?

Oh. Right.

Anyway, Tom's Space Marines shot me up pretty good. But I just kept coming. The thing about Space Marines--they don't come back. So, it was not too long before I was able to overwhelm one of his squads and, meanwhile, force the other one into retreat.

And by the time the first squad had been dealt with, the second was in position for my pincers move.

(Okay. That's not what's showing in this picture, but I got excited by this point in the game and stopped taking pictures. You'll just have to imagine.)

I hadn't played any war games before, but this was a lot of fun. Of course, Tom went easy on me because I was just learning the game. He's been playing for a long time, so it was nice of him not to pull out all his tricks and just crush me on my first game.

This great game terrain board, btw, is another one T recently created--a desert terrain. You can't really see this from these photos, but it has a nice sandy, rocky texture to it. This dried riverbed/road has larger (to scale) stone in it, so it looks really awesome. He also created a really cool lava crust/meteor strike board and is working on a swamp board that I can't wait to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter