If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, November 11, 2013

A House For The Traveller

It's been getting colder and colder lately. As my old friend Ned Stark used to say, "Winter is coming." And I still can't persuade Odysseus to come inside. (He only hisses at me sometimes now.)

But I worry about him being out in the cold and the elements. So T and I went and bought an outdoor house for him. It's one of those plastic things, but at least it will keep the wind off him and it will be dry. It's got clear front flaps to keep the air out, but that don't impede your view of the outside world. I'm thinking that's pretty important to an outdoor cat.

We tried to lure him to the house by feeding him right there, but he was pretty suspicious of it. He didn't come to eat his food right away. In fact, he went to the far edge of the yard to watch us shake that cat food bag and call to him.

Hopefully, he will get up the nerve to check it out once we have been inside for a while. I padded the floor with some nice thick blankets, but if he decides to stay there, I might get one of those floor warmers.

I was a little concerned that Odysseus would be offended by this being, technically, a dog house. But, you know. He can't read. I just have to make sure Achilles doesn't tell him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter