If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

FO: Off Center Hat

I'm working on some "manly" hats for some of the guys on my Christmas list. Now, I don't know about you, but most of the guys I know tell me they want "plain" hats with "plain" colors. Nothing "too fancy."

I'm not sure exactly what that means. So, I've chosen a yarn with a brown/grey/tan variegation and a pattern with a basic twisted rib stitch. (Although, this particular pattern does do a fancy little slant with the rib, but hey... whatever.)

This is the Off Center Hat. Knit on #6 circulars and dpns. The pattern is pretty easy, once you get the hang of it. You do have to watch yourself because most of these pattern rows look alike at first glance. Or maybe that's just me, since I chose not to use any stitch markers at all. (Not because I was too lazy to get up and get a bunch of stitch markers, mind you. Because I am just that good that I don't need stitch markers.)

The pattern cautions that this hat looks small, but is very stretchy. And I have to say, it does look small. It fits me fine, but on Alpha Male, it looks pretty tight. I'm not sure this is going to work as a man's hat, sadly. I tried it on Notpatwoman and it looks to be a better fit.

Then, I turned it inside out so that slanted portion would be more noticeable. I think I like it this way even better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter