If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Bulky Beanie

So yeah. I cast another thing onto the needles. I'm not very monogamous about my knitting these days. Plus I need to get a whole lot of stuff done.

So I cast on for this Big Ribs Beanie. I've knit this pattern several times before. For Blamey's BF John, for a couple family friends, and for T, of course. It's a great pattern for knocking a gift out quickly. You use 3 or 4 strands of worsted and just rib the whole thing.

I used two strands of Red Heart Super Saver in Coffee and one strand of Vanna's Choice in Taupe Mist. For about 2". Then, I changed to two strands of the Vanna's Choice and one of the Red Heart. After a few inches, I'm going to change to three strands of the Vanna's Choice. I'm going for an ombre type look.

I don't think it's quite happening, though. Still, it's a nice looking hat. I'm going to finish it as planned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter