If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

No Shave November?

No. It's just the base of the Viking Beard for R's hat.

Wow. I look a little crazed in that picture. Sorry. I was trying to look normal. So I guess that's just something you can't fake.

I also cut the strands for the beard, but it doesn't look like it's going to be very full. I might just double the strands. Of course, that means measuring and cutting more yarn, which is a pain in the ass, but I think it will be worth it.

I'm pretty excited about this beard. I think R will really get a kick out of it. I don't know what he will do with it, but... Maybe I will make him a "normal" hat, too.

I'm also excited because I haven't crocheted in such a long time that it was quite refreshing to do it. You know I learned to crochet long before I learned to knit, right? I just prefer knitting.

But crochet is fun too. And, after crocheting this beard base, I got this incredible urge to crochet some other things, too. I didn't know what, though. So I cruised YouTube for some ideas and found some cute swirly coasters I would like to try and some Christmas ornament covers that, if I don't get time to do them before this Christmas, I will definitely do them for next Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter