If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Another Join

So, as I was thinking about that Russian Join we talked about the other day, I remembered that there is another join that I use. It's a little trickier, and I'm not sure how well it would work with a thick yarn, but it's almost invisible.

In fact, it's called Invisible Knot Join. You can watch a really good YouTube here.

Basically, you are creating two sliding knots (I think this is a nautical knot of some kind, but it's been so long since I captained a ship I can't remember).

Then, you tighten them and slide them together. Pulling them only makes them tighter. And smaller. (I left mine a little larger here so you could see them.)

Then, you clip the extra yarn and you have a basically invisible knot that nobody but the Knitting Police is going to see.

I wish I'd known about this back when I started this Magic Ball 6 or 7 years ago. I would have joined all these strands this way. Next time. And this Magic Ball? It will become a fantastic Throw of Many Colors. And those extra tags of yarn where I tied the strands together?

They just add character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter