If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

The Agony Of Provisional Cast On

I have still not given up on the missing skein of yarn to match the Seed Stitch Cowl. But I really want to knit something. And I bought this Lion Brand Vanna's Glamour yarn on sale. I think I will do a shawl for myself.
How novel! Something for me?

Ugh. The only thing, I'm having trouble getting started. First of all, this pattern calls for a provisional cast on. Now, I know how to do a provisional cast on. I'm okay with doing it. It's just that I can never remember how to do it until I YouTube it. Like a million times in a row.

It's the same with kitchener stitch. I can never remember how to do that until I look it up.

But somehow, having to YouTube the cast on is so much worse than the bind off. It just sets the tone for the rest of the project: The "I don't know what I'm doing" tone. And that's so wrong. Because I do. I do know what I'm doing.

I just can't remember how to get started doing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter