If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, February 03, 2014

A Frog Of A Different Type

All this talk of frogging or not frogging has got me thinking about unravelling sweaters for reclaimed yarn. I had so much fun doing that last time--and so much success!--that I wanted to try it again. And, I still have a whole sleeve left over of that wool/angora sweater that I used last time.

Unravelling goes pretty quickly across a narrow piece like a sleeve. I probably took longer trying to find something to wind it on than I did during the actual unravelling. I have used the elbow/wrist method in the past and somehow I end up with something a lot smaller than I'd planned. (Although I believe my forearm is a normal size.) I ended up using a lap desk, which is about 18" wide. That seemed to work really well.

And here is the unravelled yarn, ready to be dyed. I'm not sure what color I will use. We will have to see what speaks to me. And, by that, I mean we will have to see what kind of Easter Egg dyes I have left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter