If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

FO: Seed Stitch Cowl

Yes, I know poor Leia is waiting for hands and a mouth. I probably should finish her, since there's so little left to do on her. But you know what? I'm tired of knitting with those teeny #1 needles. I want to knit with some bulky yarn and big needles.

So this is my Seed Stitch Cowl. I love the colors in this yarn, but didn't want them to pool in weird ways on the cowl. So I chose a highly textured stitch pattern to break it up a little. It still pooled some, but not in an obnoxious way. I didn't even notice the pooling until I took this photo.

This is roughly 1 1/2 skeins of Bernat Softee Chunky in Southwest Ombre. Knit up super fast, partially because of the Super Bulky guage and partially because I really needed a knitting fix. I get like that sometimes. I call it "irri-knit-tated". (When you are irritated because you're not knitting.) When that happens... I knit pretty speedily--wrapping the yarn, stabbing with the needles...

Hm. That looks a little psycho, all typed out like that. Forget I said anything.

Anyway, I feel a little more able to face the #1 needles now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter