If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

On Exhibitionists

Do you remember me telling you about my exhibitionist neighbors? They have no curtains in their house. At all. Even on the bathroom window.

Yeah, I told you about them. Only... these are new neighbors. And they don't have curtains either.

I know. I know. You're saying "But Patwoman. What if that house is one of those houses that just aren't made for curtains? Maybe the interior has a streamlined, industrial look?" Well, I might go for that excuse, if I hadn't seen the inside of this house. It is completely traditional, except for the lack of curtains. The people who lived there before these last two owners had curtains. The people who lived there before them had curtains.

But the last people who lived there decided, I guess, to not use curtains, blinds, or any sort of window covering--even though they lived there for 2 years. And these people have been there over a year--and still no curtains! I've seen them in their living room, their dining room, their upstairs bathroom (and believe me, that is NOT what you want to see first thing in the morning!), and dressing in their bedroom.

Now, lest you think I spend my time voyeuristically peeking at the neighbors, let me tell you that all of these windows face my dining room and my front door. It is impossible not to get an eyeful. I used to leave my dining room curtains open to get sun in that room during the day. But no more. The curtains are closed.

Listen, I was talking with someone about the scene in "Meet Bill" where Bill and a friend spy on his wife through the window as she's undressing. My friend said, "Who changes clothes in front of a front-facing window?"

I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter