If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Color Me Bad

...Or not. Depends on your tastes, I guess.

So, I really only had 2 red tablets and two blue tablets. I had some green and yellow, but I had more of the red and blue, so I decided to go with that.

Unfortunately, I must have had more yarn than these instructions called for, because, even though I doubled the amount of dye I used, it didn't seem to get onto all the yarn. And I soaked this puppy. For a long time before I cooked it. (Mainly because I was working in my office and forgot that I'd done it.)

As you can see, the red and blue merged to form a purple, which is nice. But the blue is gone completely and the red is more pink. Plus there are some blank spaces there. T says he likes it, but I'm not so sure. I think I might get some more blue dye and then just overdye the whole thing. I've never overdyed before, but I'm hoping that will give me blue, purple, and deep violet.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter