If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, February 09, 2014

FO: Cowl

Another cowl finished!

This is the one I was working on earlier. It's kind of the cousin to the Seed Stitch Cowl. It's the Moss Stitch Cowl. Moss stitch is similar to seed stitch, but it has its own look.

This is a bulky knit, so it goes quickly on bigger needles. (I used 10.5, but you might use a 9 to get the same guage.) The yarn is Yarn Bee Mosaic Twist in Terra Rosa. Mosaic Twist has been discontinued, but Loops & Threads Charisma or Bernat Softee Chunky or Wool-Ease Thick & Quick are all good substitutes.

I've got a little bit of this yarn left, not enough to make mittens or anything. (Fool me once...) I'm thinking I'm going to save this half skein and maybe use it to add some stipes to something later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter