If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Quick Scarf

I was sitting at home today, working away, when I got a text from R. Apparently, he and Bre were at Michael's and found some clearance deals on yarn. Am I interested?

Well, let's see. I've got about a million UFOs I'm sitting on and more yarn than I could possibly knit in a lifetime. So... Yes. Yes, I am interested!

They snagged me 4 skeins of Starbella Arctic Yarn in White Sand(2), Vineyard, and Sea Storm for $1.75 each.

The great thing about this yarn, besides the clearance price, is that it knits so quickly. Like, instantly. I grabbed some #10.5s (Or possibly one 10.5 and one 10. I was nowhere near my glasses at the time, so I was kind of going by feel.) and cast on 2 stitches.

On a side note, I think it's funny when you cast on a ridiculous number of stitches for a scarf. Cast on 2 stitches. That's almost like not casting on at all.

Anyway, I cast on 2 stitches and got started. In less than half an hour, I had a scarf. This one is going to Bre, as a finder's fee. I did peruse the Premier Yarns website a bit to get ideas of how to use the others and there were some interesting projects.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter