If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Woodland Wreath - Part 1

Part One is always the assessing and acquiring of supplies. I'm planning to do a lot of this wreath using scraps, so I did make a check with all my partial skeins and (of course) I am more than adequately supplied with scraps of green and brown to do this wreath.

I've downloaded all the patterns. And today, I went to Michael's and got a foam wreath form. I got green instead of white, because I thought if anything showed through all that knitting, I wouldn't want it to be white styrofoam. And I got the round one, instead of the flat-backed one because 1) They didn't have a flat-backed wreath in green, 2) This one was $1 cheaper than the flat, white, 1" smaller wreath, and 3) I really don't think it's going to make much of a difference.

This will be a fun project for me. I love Frankie Brown's patterns. And I love all the things that are going on in this wreath. I will leave off the owls though--bad medicine, that. I was thinking of possibly adding some other bird... maybe a blue bird or a cardinal. I wonder if Frankie has any bird patterns?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter