If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Earth Day Projects

To be fair, I am not working on an Earth Day Project, myself. I just don't have the time to take on anything else. In the past, I've done some things, though. (Plarn projects, tarn knitting, I bought a composter.)

If I had the time, though, here's what I would do:

1. Rug made out of tarn that I am making from all those old t-shirts I've been culling out of the closet lately. I've been using the rug I made for the kitchen inside the front door, where it does way more good than in the kitchen. And it's a good rug. A really good rug. So I'd like to make another. And maybe another one for the kitchen. And one for the bathroom, too.

2. Plant something. I have pretty well resigned myself to the fact that I don't have time to do a garden for reals. But I would like to maybe plant a couple of containers of tomatoes. The house we were going to purchase (before the inspector gave us his report) had absolutely nothing in the back yard. It was a completely blank slate. Too bad we had to start over in the house hunt.

3. Make some felted projects from thrifted sweaters. I've got a box full of wool sweaters that are waiting to be made into purses, mittens, slippers, etc. Most of them have some nice cablework or colorwork, so I don't really want to unravel them.

4. Dye some reclaimed yarn. I also have some unravelled sweaters that are waiting to be dyed or overdyed. I enjoy the process and the finished product. I'd like to do some more of that.

What are you doing for Earth Day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter