If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Welcome Back

Or, rather, I imagine you saying "welcome back" to me. To which I say, "Thank you. I'm sorry to have been away for so long."

I had really not planned to take such an extended leave of absence. In fact, I had not planned to be away from you at all. My plan was to write a blog post for every day of the year, just like 2013. (I'm very proud of 2013.) But, you know how it goes. Life just happens. Or, as I like to say, "Patwoman makes plans and God laughs."

As it happens I have been overwhelmed in just about every aspect of my life. And I have been fighting my instinct (which is to just say "fuck it" and stop doing anything at all) and just concentrating on eating that elephant, one bite at a time.

What's going on in Patwoman's life? Listen, you wouldn't find it very interesting. Suffice it to say, it would not be an issue if only there were more than one of me. Or about twice as many hours in a day. Or, you know, if we all lived on the moon. Plenty of time, then.

All of the things I do for fun have just fallen by the wayside this past month. No knitting, really. No jewelry making. No metal working (although, there were times I would have dearly loved to pound the shit out of something with a hammer.) No baking or cooking. (I am getting massive on the sheer volume of takeout I'm eating at 2 am.) And no writing.

I did, actually attempt to write a little bit. Once. About a week ago. I wrote about 3 paragraphs of crap. It was so crappy I was very angry at myself for sacrificing that time--time I could have been working to knock out some of that other stuff--to write that crap.

But I think I have a handle on it now. A little. Enough that I'm not so overwhelmed. I'm just whelmed right now.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter