If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, December 07, 2014

Cat Scarf

I have wanted to make the Longcat/Tacgnol Scarf for such a long time. I put in in my Ravelry queue, and actually started it. But the directions were a little hard to follow and I got frustrated and put it down. Then, when I came back to it, the pattern was gone from Ravelry. So, I deleted it from my queue.

Well then, the pattern was reposted and rewritten. Apparently, the designer had lost the original and so she recreated it from memory. I put it in my queue again, meaning to make it for my niece for Christmas. Well, now it's December and I'd better start making this damn scarf, right?

Sigh.

First of all, I don't have time to make this scarf. Too much has to happen to make this scarf happen. Like, the pattern is still not very clear. It says to cast on 80 stitches for a scarf that's 40 stitches wide. That seems like a pretty small guage to me. Or a pretty wide cat. Definitely too wide of a scarf for a 5-year-old. And I don't want to bust out the fingering weight yarn that would make that scale work. (I would still be knitting this thing in March.)

Secondly, I don't really want to do all the math it would take to change all of this to, say, a worsted weight guage. It's not just a matter of the nubmer of cast on stitches, you know. You also have to do the math for the proportions of the legs/arms, head, tail. And for the decreases.

Nope. Don't get me wrong. I like this Longcat/Tacgnol. But I'm not going to knit it. Because, if I'm going to do math, I'm just going to do all the math and just write the damn thing myself. I think I'm going to make a long cat scarf that is all my own.

With purple yarn.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter