If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, January 05, 2015

The Blues

So, yeah. I'm still stressed out. I've been trying to work out of it, though. I cast on for a new project. That always makes me feel better.

This is the Gallatin Scarf in this lovely yarn that's all blues and greens. (See? I could have called this post The Blues and Greens, but that wouldn't have been as clever, right?) It's a nice, easy pattern, that goes very quickly in worsted weight yarn.

It's a triangle shaped scarf. I like that it starts at the point and then increases. That makes it seem like I've knit soooo much after a short period of time, because it's a few inches long. When I get up to the wider part of the scarf, I'm sure it's going to seem like it takes forever, though.

I probably should be working this on circulars, since I'll be increasing up to almost 200 stitches soon enough. But, I had these straight needles close by, so I'll get by for a little while, at least.

I probably should be working on finishing T's scarf. Or my January ornament for the swap. Or the lace tablecloth for R and Bre's wedding gift. Or the ringbearer pillow for their wedding.

But I just want to knit with this calming blue yarn for right now. Is that so bad?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter