If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Dollar Tree Yarn Score!

Dollar Tree gets yarn from time to time. Usually, it's novelty yarn. (I've been known to buy novelty yarn. There is a time and place for it, no matter what some of the yarn snobs say.) But, I have bought Wool-Ease, Bernat, and Caron there, too. I keep my eyes open, just in case.

So, last week, when M and I went to the Dollar Tree, we found this big bin, right up front with yarn in it. There was some blue eyelash-type yarn, which I resisted--although I have a blue eyelash yarn scarf and it gets tons of compliments, even though it's a garter stitch novelty yarn scarf--and some of this:

It's Bernat Knit or Knot. Now I guess that's technically novelty yarn, but I have been wanting to pick some of that up for a long time because I like the combination of a bunch of different yarns. I think they will make very cool-looking, highly textured scarves. So I picked up 4 of them, even though it says 1 skein = 1 scarf and these are all the same color. I don't care. Three people will have the same scarf I have. So what?

Anyway, we swung by Michael's after that and I snapped this picture:

Same yarn. Same color. $7.99/skein vs. the $1/skein I paid at Dollar Tree.

I call that a good deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter