If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, July 17, 2015

Not Knitting... Bead Night

Bre and I attended a free beading class at Michael's. Michael's has a free bead class every month, where you can learn basic beading techniques and create some lovely projects. However, since Bre and I already have that foundation (and since my friend Elaine was teaching the class), we ended up doing a different project than was planned.

This is the necklace and bracelet I made. I love this blue.

Elaine had a lot of good tips for us, things we really didn't know. Like, using this elastic on the matching bracelet. It's thicker than the elastic I normally use. And, let me say, there is a big difference. This thicker elastic makes a much nicer, more secure bracelet.

I used all but 2 of these blue and silver beads, but I have plenty of the the square blue glass beads left. I think I'm going to make some matching earrings. I'm told people don't really do that anymore--wear matching necklace, bracelet, and earrings--but I like it.

This was a lot of fun. We will definitely be doing this again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter