If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, August 07, 2015

Halloween Is Coming!

Halloween is my second favorite holiday of the year. I love Halloween decorations, especially scary ones. No cute scarecrows and friendly ghosts for me. I want those kids to work for their trick or treat candy. Ha!

But seriously. Way back when we actually had free time (and a clean garage) we would make a little haunted house in the garage for the trick or treaters to go through. It was a lot of fun decorating it and we always got tons of kids. I kind of miss it. This past Halloween, I didn't even put up my animatronic talking head at the front door. (He always scares the kids!) I was working so much that I wasn't even home for Trick or Treat.

Sad Patwoman.

Hopefully, I will be able to enjoy the holiday this year. Michael's has put out many new Halloween decorations and there are lots of them that I simply must have.






Like this buzzard. I need a bunch of them to perch right around my front door. I might even put one on The Head's cage. How creepy would that be?





Creepy.






This skeleton would be great fun just about anywhere I could put him. Look. Can you see that he is fully articulated? I could even move him around during the night!

And these foam skulls would be awesome painted with glow in the dark paint and draped in gauze. I would just hang these from the tree in the front yard so they can blow. I have a motorized ghost that I like to run on a line from the tree to the house. Wouldn't you just shit your pants if you saw a group of ghosts fluttering around at the tree and then, as you approached the door, one of them broke away and flew toward you? Ha!

And these things. These would just sit out on the table all October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter