If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Tree Of Life Afghan


Blocking on my dining room table.
Excuse the moving boxes.
Twining Trees detail
This is the Tree of Life Afghan I knitted for M and her fiance for Christmas. I actually started this back in 2012 and never finished. But it worked out better this way because the twining trees sort of work in with the whole marriage and joining together theme, right?




It was a labor of love project, to be sure. All those cables! But I'm so happy with the way it turned out. And I am hoping they will keep this for a long time. I think it would be nice for something that I've done to still be around to remind people of me, long after I'm gone. That's the nicest thing I could think of to happen to these special projects that I've made, I think.

Cat tested. Cat approved.
I have some quilts from my mom, both grandmas, and T's grandma. They are cherished possessions, believe me. And I'll be passing those down to my kids, too. Hopefully with some of my crafting. 

2 Comments:

Blogger poox said...

Indeed you have created a stunning throw. I've just completed mine. I knitted the leaf edge separately and now need to attach it. I'm just wondering What stitch did you use? congrats on getting it done.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Patwoman said...

Oh, congrats on completing yours! Isn't it a great pattern? Love Nicky Epstein! I used a mattress stitch to join the border to the afghan. It worked probably better than any other method I could think of, but that was a chore.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter