If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

New UFO: Baby Cables Hat

Time to get started on February's KAL. The theme is love. Or red. So I decided to make something red that I love. Ha!

This is the start of the La Push Hat by Nancy Fry. It's covered in baby cables and accented with a contrasting color at the brim. I decided to make this pattern work double time (as I did in January) for the February KAL and for stashbusting effort. So this is made with some Red Heart Soft in Wine that I had left over from something else. I used maybe half, or slightly over half of this skein. Hard to tell, since it had already been used from. The contrasting color is a few yards of Purl Essence Sincerely in Charcoal Grey.

I think these colors work together well, don't you? Not sure what I will do with this hat when it's finished. We'll see what it says when the FO speaks to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter