If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

12 Months Of Scarves - Month One

I've decided to make a new scarf pattern for every month. First, I'd like to give everyone the opportunity to get ahead on their holiday knitting and crocheting by offering a new pattern that is quick and easy. Also, I think these patterns will give my students some practice with some new stitches.

So, for January 2016, I would like to offer Learning Curve Sampler Scarf. It's designed to help take the new knitter from the basics of garter stitch, to some slightly more complex knit/purl combinations. Many new knitters get intimidated by patterns because they don't realize that so many patterns are just knit and purl stitches--stitches they already know how to do!

I made this one child-size, as it will be donated. But you can knit this scarf to adult size, just by adding more pattern repeats in any section you like. My version took less than one skein of Loops & Threads Impeccable in Soft Fern, and that included the skein. A longer scarf will take the full skein.

Check out the pattern here. (Link is also in the sidebar.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter