If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, March 08, 2016

It's Spring!

I'd like to hang that feeder up a little higher,
but I think I'll try it down low for a while
and see if the birds are okay with it.
Don't worry. I haven't forgotten that I live in Indiana and the weather could (and is likely) to turn on us at any moment. My dad always told me it could snow (!) all the way into April. And sometimes he was right about that.

But today is a beautiful day. We took the opportunity to arrange the bird house and feeder on the back porch. This makes good on our promise to Achilles and Miss Gracie that there would be fabulous windows in this new house and lots and lots of birds and other wildlife to entertain them.

You probably recognize my birdhouse from the old place (no birds were living there at the time, don't worry). I'm thinking of putting another one out here too. I mean, if the birds are amenable to it. The birds at the old place were pretty snobby.

M and R both have some pretty fancy birdhouses at their own houses. They both have hummingbird feeders, too. I just have this Third World-looking house with a license plate for a roof.'

But it's okay. There were a couple of "doves" (pigeons) checking out the feeder today and some wrens were getting a little curious about the new rustic cabin in the neighborhood. So maybe this will work out, after all.

I think Achilles and Miss Gracie will be happy to see some bird action this spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter