If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, March 04, 2016

3 Hour Sweater WIP


Have you heard of the 3 Hour Sweater? It's a vintage pattern from a 1930's pattern booklet. You can find it here and there on the web. I saw it first several years ago but never got around to trying it.

Now, of course it doesn't knit up in three hours. I'm a very fast knitter and I'm sure I couldn't accomplish it in three hours. I think 8 hours is probably more like it. But that's pretty fast for a sweater.

That fast knitting is accomplished by the worsted weight yarn and the 5 mm needles. To be perfectly frank, it took me about an hour to swatch and do the math involved to make my size for this sweater. Yeah. I swatched.

You can get up off the floor now.

Anyway, I got the gauge down and started knitting.  I'm using Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in Dusty Rose. It's a pretty color. As you can see this guage is pretty big. And it is pretty quick. This is only about an hour and half of knitting.

I'm not sure about the gauge, though. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter