If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

It's An All M Weekend

Bridal shower yesterday. Birthday today. Was nice to spend the whole weekend with M! First the bridal shower yesterday, and then a little family birthday party today.

I made a cake for the party. This was a lot of fun. I made a lot of flowers and put them on a cookie sheet in the fridge to firm up while I frosted the cake. Cherry chip with a cherry buttercream frosting, tinted the palest, palest pink. (The cherry flavoring is to blame for that, but it worked out anyway.)

The flowers are that same pale pink, purple, and petal pink. I made roses, buds, and pansies. After they were firm, I just attached them to the top of the cake in a wreath pattern, with a little frosting. Then I added some leaves. (Which don't look as good as my flowers, but I'm working on that.)

This is probably the best looking cake I've ever done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter