If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

12 Months of Scarves: April

Here is the scarf I've been working on this month. It's a pretty basic scarf, just stockinette with some alternating bits of garter stitch in the body and on the edges. Goes pretty quickly. I did this in the space of a movie On Demand. (It was World War Z, by the way. I could give you my opinion on that because I loved the book so much. But that would take a whole 'nother post.)
A little bit of garter stitch against a
stockinette background really pops.
Anyway, this scarf is knit in Red Heart Soft in Lavender, which I think gives is a soft, girly look. But you could knit this is grey, black, brown, tan, and it would be a totally different scarf. I'm thinking of knitting this again in white, just because I like the way a textured scarf looks in white.

This scarf is quick and easy enough to be a charity gift. Or a last minute gift for a friend. (By last minute, I'm assuming you've got a day or two to knit it. No need to create stress for yourself, right?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter