If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Gator

Okay, fair warning, I'm going to lay a lot of pipe here....
Last week, M made a stop down by the White River. She was on the way home and was on a personal errand. Okay, she was looking for Pokemon.

Some fishermen who were there asked (since she was in uniform) if she was there "for the alligator." Then they proceded to show her footage on their phone of what appears to be an alligator--at first staying still, but then moving slowly away before ducking under the water. 
This was not the gator.
Of course, this is not news. DNR pulls a 3-5 foot alligator out of White River about every two years or so. That's not such a big gator, really, unless you factor in the fact that this is Indiana. 

The White River, by the way, joins the Blue River. Blue River, of course, is where we were canoeing a few weeks ago. In fact, we were canoeing in the part of the Blue that the White joins. We even talked about next time canoeing up the White a little way, just for fun.
Fun!
But I think we'd be okay. Alligators are usually pretty even tempered, right?





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter