If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Whoo-hoo! Finally A Start!

Ok, well I finally got started with a project for Christmas. This one is a mermaid tail lap blanket. It's all in crocodile stitch, which I've never done on something so large. But you know what I always say: Go big or go home, right?
I'm hoping this variegated yarn will add to the appeal of
the crocodile stitch.
This is the first round of scales. It went pretty quickly, despite the fact that each row of crocodile stitch is actually about 3 times the work of a regular stitch row. First you create a foundation row, then you crochet around both sides of each of the posts on your foundation row. Treble crochet. Yeah. So this is a lot of hooking, let me tell you.

Still, I'm pretty happy with the way this looks. You know, all one row of it. Ha!

But it seems pretty straightforward so I don't think I'll have any problems with it. Let's see if I can get this done in July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter