If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

News Of The Boobholder (Ha! I just said "boobholder" again!)

I made it home from work in record time today. Here's my trick... Just get behind a fire truck as it speeds along. People pull over for fire trucks, leaving you plenty of opportunity to just whizz right past 'em. And they go pretty fast, too. You can shave 25% off your drive time, easily.

This method might work with ambulances, too. But it won't work with police cars. Oh, wait... No. You can't speed in front of a police car.

Anyway, it was cool to get home quicker today, because I wanted to show you this, my third Minisweater (Stephanie Japel's pattern, with my own mutations added.) I am knitting this along with Caramelo. It is with the white Ping Pong I showed you some time back. I've knit all the way to where the sleeves are joined, but stopped there. I think Caramelo may be a little further along than me. I will have to check with her.


My mods include short row shaping, as I did on this one that I made for myself. I also made the waist longer, since that is not an area I care to accent with the Minisweater/Boobholder. And I skipped the poofs on the sleeves, since I am not much of a poofy type of girl. This is knit with a boucle, so it's very soft and fluffy.

Here's the one I did for M, btw. She does not care to make an appearance on my blog. (Though the girl will take 40 pictures of herself a night for her own blog. Go figure.) So this is the sweater, as modelled by Zeus. It's made from Caron Simply Soft. This one is pretty much as-written, except that I deleted the poofy sleeves on it, too. M is not a poofy girl, either.

Speaking of poofy girls....

Okay, it's got nothing to do with poofy girls. But I lack the imagination to make a decent segue.

I found this online today (My celebrity match):
Take this test at Tickle
Your match is Ben Affleck!
Lucky duck! You get tall, dark, and handsome celebrity stud Ben Affleck as your dream date (too bad you couldn't get lifelong best bud Matt Damon, too, eh?). Talented, clean-cut, ambitious, and as cute as they come, this sweet, slightly goofy preppy is just the Mr. Right you've been looking for. You've always had a weakness for a guy who's a little rougher around the edges, which is why Benny boy is right up your alley. A risk-taker who strikes us as a bit of a devil in disguise, Gwyneth's ex would take you for a walk on the wild side and indulge your inner bad girl. Smile for smile and sarcastic quip for sarcastic quip, we know this Oscar-winning Bostonian would show you a good time. Brought to you by Tickle

Is that me? I don't know. But I need to quit talking about Adam West for awhile before T gets really jealous and we end up with another Beastmaster incident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter