If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Celebrity Watch Part 2

I was so excited, I had to rush home and share this with you... Well okay, I didn't really have to rush home to share with you, but they were closing, so they made me go home.

Guess who I just met?

Michael Madsen. Mr. Blonde. He was at the Hollywood Bar & Filmworks doing an autograph thing because they were screening "Reservoir Dogs," Tarantino's best film hands down. Anyway, I had to go see him because that ear scene is, like, the scariest thing I've ever seen in my life. I can't even hear that song without seeing Michael Madsen's face!

He was very gracious. Such a nice man. Posed for pictures. Signed all my stuff. Answered my dumb questions. Allowed me to be generally stupid. (And drunk. I'd had a couple of Bahama Mamas during the movie.)

He said he didn't do much to prepare for the ear scene. He said, he was given the parameters for the frame and just "went with it and hoped it would work." How is that for understatement?

Some random thoughts: Michael Madsen is tall. I'm five feet tall, and wearting 2 1/2 inch heels standing next to him. So, I guess that makes him about 6'2" or 6' 3". He's also thinner than I'd imagined. He's very thin. And he had his son with him, which I thought was pretty cool. And, his face and his voice is exactly like it is in the movies. I found that very interesting.

No, I didn't hit him up for a role in one of my movies. I was tempted, but I hadn't had enough to drink yet to cushion the rejection that would ultimately come. I am still working on Adam West, though. Stay tuned.

Knitting content: None, again. But I've had 3 Bahama Mamas, so I might just pick up the needles and see what happens. Provided I don't pierce my septum with a #10, it might be very interesting indeed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Blonde says:
Was that as good for you as it was for me?

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter