If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

A Visit, A Gift, A Project

My friend P visited me this past weekend. We've known each other since we were in fifth grade. (So you can imagine the immature inside jokes we share.)

Apparently, we both felt it was a good idea to shut our eyes against the flash.

We had a good time, lauging and talking about... I don't know. Just stuff. After P left, M says "That was kind of weird, the way you guys just finish each other sentences. "

P: Hey, remember that one guy...
Patwoman: ...OMG, yeah! And that one time when he...
P: That was so funny!
Patwoman: Still cracks me up!

Despite the long weekend, I still didn't get much done by way of knitting. (I didn't slack the whole weekend. I actually did some writing.) I did finish the Aqua Tank, though, all except the collar, which I plan to do tonight if I can find something decent to watch on TV while I knit. (Watched Deuce Bigelow 2 the other night. So bad. So. Bad. I don't want to make that mistake again.)

I've also been thinking about a new project. A quickie.

I got this for Mother's Day this year. It's the faceplate to my stereo in the Patmobile. (For those of you who don't know, my standing deal is that, if I like the Mom's Day gift, I stay for another year. If not, I'm a free agent, baby.)

This is pretty cool, because you know music is about the only thing that calms the road rage beast these days. But I don't like putting "Facey" in my purse. Too many Weapons of Mass Destruction in my purse.

So I want to make a little Facey Cozy. I'm thinking, with the Bat Symbol on it. Observe, Patwoman's ultimate triumph:

Patwoman: After all this time, Batman, you've finally succumb to my Patness.
Batman: Curse you, Patwoman! I must resist your silky knitted hats, your cuddly knitted sweaters, your clever knitted mittens...
Patwoman: No one can, Batman. Not even you.
Batman: Must.. reach... utility... belt... Bat...crochet... hook...
Patwoman: (Takes Facey Cozy from her purse and slides the faceplate out of its clever little hideaway) What were you saying, Adam?
Batwoman: (Heaves a sigh of adoration) Patwoman, you're my hero!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I so wish that I could crochet or cross-stitch as fast as you knit! Any beginner places I can learn to knit? I'm having a hard time with those do-it-yourself websites. Lol, take care.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter