If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Celebrity Watch

I love celebrities. I'm such a hick about it, too. Years ago, when I worked for a tv station, we did a music video/interview show and whoever was in town to do a concert would stop by and give us some face time.

I would slit others throats to work on that show.

Seriously. I go to great lengths to meet celebs. Over the years, I have been known to ask the dumbest questions (Like I asked Ari Luyendyk if he'd ever gotten a speeding ticket. He said no, but somehow I doubt that.) Some of you may know how absolutely stupid I got talking to Beastmaster last year. Oh, and of course... Adam West. But enough about that.

Many years ago, T and I made up the game, Celebrity Watch. The rules are pretty simple. You get one point for each celebrity look-alike you spot (verified by the other person, of course). You get an additional point if the person is currently in the news (or has a CD on the charts, or whatever).

You lose 2 points if the celebrity you spot is the actual celebrity.

So, obviously, we couldn't play this past weekend, when all the celebs were in town for the race--John Travolta, Luke Perry, Kato Kaelen, David Letterman, Kid Rock, that Dr. from Grey's Anatomy, lots of music biz people, I can't remember everyone.

But now things are back to normal. I use normal as a relative term. This week, I had an interview with Michael Clarke Duncan, I saw David Spade waiting for a bus, and (this is my absolute fav) today on the way home from work, I saw Fabio riding a bicycle through the skeezy part of town.

Picture it. Fabio. Black dress pants. White shirt opened to the waist. Long blond hair flowing behind him as he pedaled along the sidewalk.

I'm either going crazy or... Wait. There's really no other explanation, is there?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

You were *that* close to Kato and didn't leave your husband for him????

Girl, you must have the best husband ever!

heehee

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone has seen Fabio lately..it could very well have been him.

You can take the boy out of the Can't Believe It's Not Butter commercials, but you can't take the Can't Believe It's Not Butter out of the boy.

(Well..a good diet with lots of fiber will eventually....but that's another story for another day..)

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter