If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Did I Call It Or What?

Yeah, okay. I really did no knitting.

I cast on for the Flamez Baby Hat, but my guage was different, so I had to do some math. So I knitted about 6 rows and realized... wrong color! I had started with black (instead of orange), so I would've had reverse flames, if I'd continued.

Then I cast on again, using a strand of orange worsted and a strand of yellow baby yarn (to give it that mottled flame effect),
but then M sat down with me and wanted to learn to knit a scarf for Zeus. So that was really nice. I had tried to teach her to knit a few times before, but she was not really interested. But, she must have been listening, because she pretty much knew what to do anyway.

After knitting a few inches, we decided that the scarf would be a little drapier (and a little easier to knit) on larger needles. So we decided to frog and try again on 8s.

There's a Patwoman knitting lesson for her: Always make sure you have to frog something two or three times so you can be thoroughly frustrated before you finally get something you like. (Just kidding. She's not frustrated. That's my M.O.)

The day was very enjoyable, though. I spent a lot of time with M. Got to be part of her show choir world for a while. And they took Grand Champion. Again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter