If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I Want To Talk About The Matrix....

Not really. Or, rather, not specifically. I just thought I'd throw that out there for the nerd-attraction value. (You know who you are. Just go with it.)

Here's what I really want to say:

176 more days until GenCon!

Ah, GenCon. My nerdvanna. I want to marry you, GenCon, and have your nerdy little babies.


Seriously, though. I am excited. This year, I will be running an event, actually. It's called "The Road To Perdition," if you are interested. I guess you'd say it's the wild west meets Cthulhu.

I'd like to see if they have a knitting class again, too. Not because I need a class--I gots me some mad skillz, f'real--but because it's fun to take that little 2 hour knitting break. And because it's interesting to see what others are knitting.

Last year, the class conflicted with the belly dance class I'd signed up for. But the year before that, I learned to do the Knifty-Knitter. And it was fun.


And there were a lot of knitters there last year. Or, at least, fans of knitting. I saw a River Tam sweater that looked handmade. I saw a few Jayne hats--I had mine, as well. I saw some knitted camo dice bags. I saw a Pirate Beanie. And, I had my Everybody's Doing It Shrug on because it is freakin' cold in the Convention Center.

Oh, and T and R wore the Knitted Chainmail I made. That made quite a sight walking through Cirle Center Mall to get lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter