If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Triangle-tacular!

Okay. So I totally suck at titles. Whatever. I actually read recently that Philip K. Dick, who had those great titles like Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, never actually titled his novels and stories. He felt if he could come up with catchy titles, he would've been a headline writer, not a novelist. His work, instead, was titled by the editors. So there.

Now, where was I?

Oh yes. I wanted to show you this shawl.

It's the Easy Triangle Shawl from Lion Brand. Yes. You know I love the word easy in a title. Makes me feel like I might actually finish it.

I've made a couple of these, now. It's my favorite to make for a prayer shawl. The pattern is easy to memorize, easy to do without thinking too much about it. I only had one skein of Homespun in this color (Romanesque, which I believe is discontinued now), so I just knitted as much as I could. I think I did all but the last pattern repeat and the crocheted edging. It still looks good.


I like it, at least.

I don't know where I'm going to wear a shawl, though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made a shawl??!!!!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Patwoman said...

I know! Well, I guess if you stick around long enough, you'll eventually see everything.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter