If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

I Can't Be Trusted To Go To Michael's Anymore

I was just going to get some dpns to finish a hat. That's all. I promise. I even had a 50% off coupon so I didn't have to feel guilty about buying some new needles. I didn't even veer off to touch yarn. I just went straight to the needle aisle. And I was doing so well... I really was.


But then, right before I reached the needle aisle, I see this endcap display... Bernat Soy Yarn for $2 a skein! Well, now. I can hardly be blamed for picking up a few skeins of that. I mean, how could I not?

On the same display they had Bernat Alpaca, a really, super-soft yarn, in this manly color. Not on sale, but it was right there. And I've been meaning to make T a scarf...

Now, at this point, I am feeling slightly guilty. I mean, I really did just come in for dpns. But not too guilty, right? I mean, it's just a couple of skeins. Not like I'm taking food out my kids' mouths, right? So I just continue on around the corner to where the needles are.

But then, I see Bernat Max is on sale for $3! I almost pass that up. And then I remember when M saw this yarn and was really excited and wanted a scarf in the green color. This was, of course, after I'd made her about 10 scarves, so I said I had made her enough scarves, but if it was ever on sale I might get some. And, well, her birthday is Thursday of this week...

Oh God, what was happening to me? I had to get out of there! I grab my needles, throw them into my now-full basket (and really, who gets a shopping basket when they are just there to get some dpns? I think there was something subliminal going on), and make a break for the door.


Suddenly, some variegated worsted leaps off the shelf and into my basket! And then some baby yarn in pink! Then in lilac! My God! Will it never end?

Finally, I make it to the checkout, where T sardonically asks, "Do we need to buy another storage container too?"

But I can't be too hard on him, really. After all, I went into Michael's to get this:

and ended up with this:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's the Soy?

I've never see the Max-it looks very, very cool. Probably very good for anything Twinkle, eh?

Did you make T carry the bag on the way out?

10:52 AM  
Blogger Patwoman said...

Ha! I totally made him carry the bag!

Max is... interesting. I made the scarf, which I will post here, soon. It has a very uneven texture. I'm not sure it's a good replacement for Twinkle, as the thin parts are very thin.

The soy is very soft. I'm definitely making a baby sweater with it, and I don't know what I will do with the rest.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter