If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Why Patwoman Loves The Summer

Another mini-vaca. Another Con. I had never been to Origins, either. But it's in Columbus, OH, just half a tank of gas away. So why not?

It's bigger than MarCon by about 10 times. Still smaller than GenCon, but a decent Con, I must say. No celebs there for me to stalk, sadly.

Oh, Adam. Why do you run from our love?

But lots of games. And you know I love games. Especially zombie games. (Plastic zombies, not real ones. Although I might someday like to take on real zombies. I think I'd do pretty well against them. I've seen all the movies and read all the literature and played all the games. So I think I could do at least as well as Alice.)

So I played this new game, Humans!!!, by the creators of Zombies!!! Actually, T and I played with the creator's son. So he was able to give us some insight into the game's creation and the creative thought process.

Here's how the game works: You are a zombie and you have to attack and eat the humans in the city. I bought this game, I liked it so much.

I spent way too much in the dealer room. I always do. But there is always so much to see. (I don't know why so many people want to sell me a corset, though. Come on!)

One vendor had the most awesome Browncoat coat. Lots of games. Lots of swords. Lots of movies, t-shirts, and minis. And this:

I got to see a lot of friends there, too. Here's Mac from PST with T. He had a fantastic event called Terrorwerks going on. They sold it out continually. If you get a chance to play this, do.

And here is my old friend Pikachu!

And here, my fav knight in the gladiator ring. (He's not really beating up that little girl. He was actually showing her how to battle.)

And then, of course, there were those who took advantage of the fact that Adam West was not in attendance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter