If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

I Made A Bag Cozy

Or a Bag Bag. Or a Sack Sack. Whatever you want to call it. Plastic bags go in the top and come out the bottom. Isn't it cute?

I know. I know. I need to knit some reusable grocery bags and do away with the plastic altogether. What Would Al Do, right? And I will do that. In fact, I actually bought a reusable bag the other day, from my local Half Price Books Store. (What was really funny though, is that they put it in a plastic bag for me!)

Anyway, I will knit some reusable grocery bags. Ravelry has a bunch of patterns. I've put a bunch in my queue.

But, in the meantime, I still get plastic bags from the grocery store. And I still use them for tons of things. I line trashcans, put messy garbage in them, and nothing is better for picking up dog poo than a plastic bag! Not porous at all, so you know you're never going to get poo-hands with a properly used plastic bag.

I also take my lunch to work in one every day. Someday I will knit and felt a lunch sack too. I've seen a lot of those I like. Sigh. So many projects. So little time money energy.

So here is my Feather And Fan Bag Bag. Pattern from Kristen TenDyke on Ravelry. Made from Sugar 'n Cream in Sunshine. One skein that I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby for 89ยข. Two nights in front of the TV. Fun.

I hung it up and stuffed it full of plastic bags. R took one look, shook his head, and gave me that OMG-Mom-you've-gone-too-far look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter