If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

International Zeus Hat

I found this pattern on Ravelry. The International Cat Hat by Stacy Mar, modelled after Thai ceremonial headpieces. You know I immediately thought of Zeus.

Who else is cosmopolitan enough to wear a hat like that? Who else is handsome enough as to not be overshadowed by such a spectacular hat? You feel me. So I got to work right away on this hat.

After I finished--it was a quick knit (Probably would've been quicker if I'd only started once. Count your stitches after casting on, people... Or at least sometime before you've knitted an inch.) Anyway, after I finished, I showed it to Zeus.

He was... polite.

Patwoman: Look at this hat, Zeusy!

Zeus: Uh, yeah. It's nice.

Patwoman: I know! Great color, great texture...

Zeus: Yeah. Nice.

Patwoman: Try it on.

Zeus: What??? It's for me?

Patwoman: Yes, it's for you, silly. Let's try it on.

Zeus: Back off, lady. I will cut you!

Patwoman: Aw, Zeusy, I made it especially for you. Aren't you even going to try it on?

Zeus: OMG. Thanks for the guilt. Okay. Okay. I'll try it on. But no pictures!

Patwoman: No pictures. I promise.


Lucky for me, cats do not have access to the internet. Mwah-ha-ha-ha!

1 Comments:

Blogger wildtomato said...

Zeus, your namesake may be Greek, but you look just like a Thai god. Love it!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter