If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Scarf: Before And After

The first thing I ever knitted was a light blue acryllic garter stitch scarf on #13s, with doubled yarn. I knitted it for my sweetie, T. My roommate assured me a scarf like that could be knit in an afternoon. It took forever.

Nevertheless, he was happy to receive it and wore it proudly. OMG, how could I not marry this man after that? He has worn it ever winter season since that first one, 24 years ago.

Yeah, it's a little faded and worn. But he won't let me replace it. I pleaded with him. I can knit so much better now. Let me make you a scarf that's reflective of my current skill.

Finally, he relented.

So, here is the scarf I knitted for him. Bernat Alpaca in Ebony. Two skeins, right about 240 yards. Size 9 needles (but remember my loose guage). The pattern is from Melissa Leapman's Cables Untangled. It's Panel 54, which is a 32 stitch, 24 row pattern, with two knit stitches on either side. I think it looks Celtic.

He likes it. But as I lay the two scarves out side-to-side for the "Now & Then" shot, he informed me that he would continue to wear his scarf every day and the new one for dress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter