If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Baby Flamez!

You all remember that Patwoman's little bro just got married, right? And they are expecting their first child?

Well, you know I can't let that poor baby be dressed in baby-boy blue or powder pink! Pastels are so... babyish. No, that baby will be stylin'--thanks to Aunt Patwoman.

Found this pattern on Ravelry. It's by Jessy Henderson, who apparently feels the same about baby attire as I do.

It's a very easy knit, if you've done colorwork before. I used Caron Simply Soft (I think. It's all left over from other projects and no longer has a label. I used that orange, I think, in my Jayne Hat.) I also added a strand of yellow baby yarn to the orange, just to give a more flamey effect. If you look at the original, Jessy used a hand dyed yarn and it already has that look.

I think this one might become my standard baby gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter