If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Secret For Finding Things

Seriously. This works every time. I said I was going to have to go buy another skein of the green yarn, remember? Then, when I was committed to doing that, I checked a place I had already looked. And there was the green yarn.

Now, this only works if you actually commit to giving up on what you are looking for. You can't just say "Oh, I guess I can't find it. Have to buy a new one." and then have it appear. The Powers Of The Universe know the difference.

But, if you really give up... The sought-for object is forced back into this plane of existence. (I didn't make this up. It's physics.)

Anyway, so I found the green, and reknit R's scarf. Here's the replacement. It's 1X1 rib, in Bernat Satin in Ebony and in Forest Mist Heather. The body is all black and the stripes pick up the colors from the hat. This scarf is very soft. I'm very happy with it.


Did I show you these, by the way? This is the hat/scarf combo I did for my SIL. It's Patons Nuance. (The blue color. I can't seem to find the label any more. But I guess it doesn't matter anyway, because Nuance has been discontinued. Sad.) It's the button hat pattern that I am just loving lately and a K2, P1 every row scarf. The gold thread and mohair-y halo of this yarn just makes it look and feel so elegant.

Still working on my Accordion Hood, but I may have to put it down. It's alternating blocks of stockingette and garter stitch, so it's not incredibly stimulating, you know?

Plus, I joined this Hat-Of-The-Month Group on Ravelry and I have yet to start January's hat. I think everyone else is done. Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter