If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Don’t Tell R


Check this out. It’s Tsantsa. I thought it made a cool dice bag for R's birthday (today). Of course, it’s not nearly big enough to hold all his dice, but it will hold a regular d20 set and some others pretty easily.



It’s really interesting the way the face just kind of appears in the bag. You make it by using short rows and a couple of 2-stitch twists. That was pretty cool. What’s not so much fun is that the pattern just assumes you know stuff, like finish knitting the row, if it doesn’t tell you what to do. Or like, pick up the wraps from the wrap and turns that you do.

It’s all acrylic, so it can be easily washed. I went down a couple of needle sizes, too, to make a tighter fabric. I used #4s. Didn’t take long to knit, either. I think it actually might have gone quicker if I were a little more experienced with toe-up socks (because you start out with just a couple of stitches on dpns and then increase out).

What a handsome bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter