If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The One Where Patwoman Plays The Accordion

Well, not playsknits. Yeah, okay. I didn’t actually knit an accordion. I knit an accordion hood. But still.

Isn’t this pretty? It’s SWS in Natural Blue. I used about 2.5 skeins. (The pattern says knit to desired length, and I toyed with going one more stockingette block and one more garter block, but I worried that might be too much bulk around the neck.)

I’ve got about 1.5 more skeins of this color. I may do some fingerless mitts to match.

I love this hood, even if it is a mostly dull knit. (I did it while watching TV, so no problem there.) And SWS gently stripes. Very nice.

Unfortunately, the Fox 59 weatherman says we’re in for a warming trend. Just my luck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so pretty! I'm going to keep that in mind next time instead of a scarf. I like it in the SWS too, I've used it before for a crochet project

9:16 PM  
Blogger Patwoman said...

Thanks! We did have a ton of snow here the last couple of days and I wore it outside. It's very warm, too. And, you can pull it up over your mouth, too, to keep your breathing warm. I am so happy with this thing!

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter