If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Another GenCon, Come And Gone

And what an exciting one it was, in fact. Lots going on. Lots.

As you know, T & I ran the second in our series of Western Cthulhu Live Events. This one, Low Plains Drifter, was just as successful as the first. (This one featured a 9-foot Aztec God of Death!)

We got to meet several people this year, as always, and also see some people we only see at GenCon!

Plus, I got this:

You know I loves me some Winchester Brothers. Can’t wait to play it!

Also got to attend another Tracy Hickman seminar. What fun! This one was about X-treme DMing (or XDMing, as the cool kids call it). What a great sense of humor he has. Granted, this particular seminar (and book) was about gaming and I know that not all of you are into that. But you can see this humor in his other books, as well. It’s just a little more subtle.

One of these days, I will stand in line to be killed during Hickman’s Killer Breakfast. But, alas, I really am not clever enough for that and probably would provide very little entertainment.

Also picked up the 3rd Ed. Earthdawn books. All of them. Because you know you can’t leave GenCon with money in your pockets, right? And Earthdawn is an awesome game system. And a very interesting “history” of the Earthdawn universe.

I picked up some artwork. (You knew that I would.) And will be picking up some more in the near future from a great fantasy artist named Jeff Himmelman. We’ve known Jeff for a couple of years now and have watched his art mature.

Got this card game, too. Haven’t playtested it yet. I bought it pretty much just based on 1) It’s by Eden Studios, so it’s bound to be cool and 2) It’s Army of Darkness… Are ya kiddin’ me?

Feet are a mangled mess of pain after walking on basically cement floor of the convention center. I’m going to give you a mental image here… Imagine my gladiator sandals. Now imagine The Play-Doh Fun Factory. That’s where I’m at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter