If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

I Am The Ice Queen

If the Ice Queen is not expected to mingle with her subjects, that is. Otherwise, I guess I'm Mrs. Heat Miser. Because I'm sitting inside today. All day.

So, you've probably gotten some of this ice storm where you live, too. It started yesterday about 6 pm and laid down about 3/4" of ice overnight. I watched all the school closings while I watched Office reruns last night.

I am not going in to my office today, either. Yesterday when I left, I grabbed all the hard files I needed. So those two files, my flash drive, my computer, and my cell phone--I could basically work from home indefinitely.

Unless the power goes out, I guess. Which they are saying is likely, since last night was just Stage One of this storm. Stage Two, which is supposed to be worse--twice as much ice--is supposed to start today sometime soon. And then Stage Three, the cherry on the hot fudge sundae of this storm, is supposed to hit tonight. Stage Three is apparently a buttload of snow.

I didn't mean to go to the grocery store last night. I hate how people mob the stores every time a snowflake falls. But this time, I really needed to. So I hit up Kroger after work.

What a madhouse. Imagine if everyone in town all decided to go to Kroger at the same time. That's what it was like. Had to park way out in the middle of frackin' nowhere. Shelves were empty. Cases were ravaged. It was like a preview of the Zombiepocalypse.

I'm all set, though. Bread, milk, water, wood for the fireplace, canned goods, candles... I actually would be all set for a Zombiepocalypse--once I boarded up all these windows, I guess.


Oh, btw, all these photos (except the Kroger pic from yesterday) were taken from the warmth of my house. The Ice Queen likes to keep herself removed from the ice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter