If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Back To The Ol' Drawing Board

...or back to the circular needles, as it were.

You remember the saga of the peacock blue hat for M, right? Well, I knit the @#$%*&#@ thing twice already and finally just decided to move ahead to Plan B.

T was able to find some almost-but-just-barely-not-quite-matching-color wool. (I was not able to venture into the cold because breathing single digit temperature air is like breathing knives. Knives made out of molten steel. And acid.) Thank you, T.

So I started this over for the third time. Did I mention I was on a deadline to complete this by Thursday, so M could wear it on her vacation this weekend? (Insert insane laughter here.)

Sunday night:

Monday night:

Tuesday night:

And here it is Wednesday, blocking on the ever-lovely Notpatwoman:
And finally dry on Thursday:

And that, my friends, is how you earn the nickname "Sweatshop."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter