If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, February 07, 2011

What Is It?



What is this? My dog is curious. Are you curious, too?


Is it a purse? No.







Is it a cup cozy? No.

Is it something naughty? Uh...




It's a hat! It's the Brown Button Hat that I started three years ago. I just wanted a little something to keep my hands busy during the down time at Origins and I knit this hat. It's loosely based on the Robin's Egg Blue Hat that I've knit about a billion times.


I say loosely based because this yarn is a worsted weight, not the bulky weight the pattern calls for. And because I lost the pattern some time after knitting the edge. (No, like, literally lost it. That was the trip that I lost the #10 dpn, too, remember? Bag got a rip in it and suddenly, I'm missing half my stuff.) So basically, I did most of the top from memory. It's okay. I've knit this hat so much I could probably do one right now from memory. It's a good pattern.

Anyway, I finished this way early because this was also the year the hotel messed up our reservations and we ended up staying way out at the airport hotels. And, with only the one car we travelled in to Ohio, if you didn't have anything to do, you just kinda got stuck waiting on everybody else to be ready to go.


But then this poor hat sat, neglected, in my knitting bag because I had to button with me to sew on. (And no yarn sewing needle. Hole in the bag, 'membah?)

Join us, Coraline...

I feel really stupid that it sat idle for three years and it took me only five minutes to bring this hat to a finished state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter